A Small Step for Milvus - 10,000 Stars
We recently hit an incredible milestone in the journey of vector database - over 10K stars on the GitHub repo of Milvus. Thanks to each and every one of you who has supported us by giving us a star ⭐️.
It has been a wonderful 2.5 years since Milvus became an open-source project. When we first started, very few people understood exactly what a vector database is, let alone talking about how it would enable and accelerate AI adoption in our daily lives. Milvus vector database carries our vision of defining and building the next-generation database for AI. We combine SOTA algorithms with cloud technologies in the Milvus project so developers could build AI applications at ease with Milvus vector database.
There are many brilliant projects that laid the foundation for Milvus, and we are thankful to stand on the shoulders of the giants. Without them Milvus wouldn't have existed.
We are also incredibly grateful to our awesome community, who has helped open an exciting chapter for this new type of database. Before we look forward, we want to take a moment to reflect on this journey, gaze at our milestones and acknowledge and thank our developers:
- We joined LF AI & Data Foundation at incubation level, finding our home alongside many other great open source AI and data projects. Now Milvus is already a graduation project.
- We delivered two major releases: Milvus 1.0 and Milvus 2.0.
- A SIGMOD paper was published: Milvus: A Purpose-Built Vector Data Management System.
- Currently, we have more than 10,000 community members and over 220 contributors worldwide.
- There are over 1000 enterprise users who adopted Milvus. Among them, there are many industry leaders.
All of this is only made possible by every single person who contributes. Thank you for your pull requests, issue reports, emails, meetings, and sharing your knowledge of Milvus. You all are playing a valuable part in Milvus' progress.
For this special milestone, we have prepared a small thank-you gift – a downloadable desktop wallpaper. Hope you enjoy it!
It'd be nice if you help spread the word! ❤️
- Special event
Like the article? Spread the word
Revealing Milvus 2.3.2 & 2.3.3: Support for Array Data Types, Complex Delete, TiKV Integration, and More
Ingesting Chaos: The MLOps Behind Handling Unstructured Data Reliably at Scale for RAG
Unveiling Milvus 2.3: A Milestone Release Offering Support for GPU, Arm64, CDC, and Many Other Highly Anticipated Features